2. Scope of this policy
3. Data controller and processor
4. Legal grounds for using your personal information
Our processing of your personal information is necessary:
• for the performance of contracts to which you will be a party,
• to provide the services that you requested,
• for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us, and
• in order to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Where our processing is based on the grounds of legitimate interest described above, those legitimate interests are: (i) collecting personal information to provide you with a smooth and efficient customer experience; (ii) running our business; (iii) to provide the products and services you have requested; (iv) to prevent fraud; (v) to update you and keep you informed about relevant products and services, unless you indicate at any time that you do not wish us to do so; and (vi) for our own marketing, research, and product development.
In relation to any processing of special categories of personal information such as information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, trade-union membership, religious or other beliefs, health or sexual life, we will generally rely on obtaining specific consent from you at the time unless there is a legal requirement for us to process such information
5. Method of data collection
We limit our data collection to the minimum that is required to provide high quality services for you. When you conduct a transaction on our website, as part of the process, we collect the personal information you provide such as your name, address, and e-mail address (please see, section 5 below). Your personal information will be used for the specific reasons stated below.
6. Information we collect
We receive, collect, and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect:
• the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet,
• login username,
• e-mail address, and
We also collect personally identifiable information, including
• e-mail address,
• payment details (including credit card information),
• comments, feedback, recommendations, and personal profile.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt in to allow your name, e-mail address, and website to be saved in cookies. Saving this information is for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two (2) days, and screen-option cookies last for one (1) year. If you select Remember Me, your login preference will be retained for two (2) weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you edited or published. It expires after one (1) day.
8. Automated collection of information
Each time you use the Site, we may automatically collect the following types of information: the type of Internet browser and the operating system and its features, the visits to the Site, traffic data, and IP address. We use this information to help provide a good user experience on the Site. This information helps us understand how users utilize the Site and how we could improve the user experience.
If you fail to provide us with this information or you object to us processing this information, we may be prevented from conducting business with you, and we may be unable to provide our products and services to you.
9. How we use your information
We want to provide useful educational resources and training. To do this, we need to understand your needs and preferences so we can deliver exceptional service specifically for you. Therefore, we collect personal and non-personal information to learn about training needs and improve our educational materials. We use your e-mail address to send you newsletters about our latest market analysis or our upcoming events.
We use non-personal and personal information:
• to carry out our obligations to you;
• to learn about your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information that is relevant to you and to help us target marketing communications and advertisements so that they are more relevant to you;
• to provide you with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
• to monitor any content that you post;
• to monitor and analyze our business performance;
• to be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized messages;
• to comply with any applicable laws and regulations; and
• to use your payment information to record what service(s) you purchased.
10. How we use your personal information
We do not sell or lease your information to any third party although we do exchange information with marketing and advertising platforms. We will never share, sell, rent, or trade your registration and Personal Information with any marketing or promotional partners without your consent except in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
We may use your Personal Information and Usage Data for the performance of the services or transaction for which it was given and for the basic purpose of this site. We may use your Personal Information in connection with other products, services, promotions, personalized ads, or contests we may offer, and our private, internal reporting for this site, and security assessments for this site. We may also send you messages related to certain features or your activity on this site. We may also send you news or updates about changes to our site or services. By default, you will receive these messages via email.
We may use publicly available Personal Information posted on social media profile information including photos for purposes of assisting us, and our marketing partners with marketing and advertising activities and with contact management.
We may make full, unrestricted use of Usage Data for any purpose in our sole discretion, including without limitation, to customize or personalize ads, offers and content made available to you based on your visits to and/or usage of this site or its services, and to analyze the performance of those ads, offers and content, as well as your interaction with them.
We may combine and use the Personal Information and Usage Data we collect from all services and products offered by us and our affiliated entities over various websites to provide, protect, and improve them, and to develop and offer new services and products. We will treat you as a single user of these combined services and products. We may also use this information to provide you personalized ads.
We may participate with our marketing partners for purposes of providing personalized ads based on your interests. This activity is performed by collecting Usage Data and by using cookies and other tracking and data collection methodologies discussed above to transfer information to our marketing partners which manage advertising activities.
AdWords (Google) – We may participate in AdWords program which is a personalized ad service provided by Google Inc. that connects the activity of this site with the Adwords advertising network and the Doubleclick cookie. Information collected: cookie and Usage Data. For the opt-out, visit –> https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
Google Analytics for Display Advertising (Google) – We may participate in any and all of the following Google Analytics Advertising Features provided by Google: Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features use first party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) for connecting the tracking activity performed by Google Analytics and its cookies with the Adwords advertising network and the DoubleClick cookie (a third-party cookie). Information collected: cookie and Usage Data, including audience data such as age, gender, and interests. For the opt-out, visit –> https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en You may opt-out of the Google Analytics service with the Google’s Browser Add-on that’s available at –> https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
For information in general about Google’s personalized ad campaigns, and specifically about information regarding DoubleClick cookies and how to control and manage Google’s advertising cookies for these campaigns, visit –> http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads/
For information regarding how Google uses data when you use Google’s partners’ sites or apps, visit –> http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
Custom Audience (Facebook). We may participate in Facebook.com’s Custom Audience program which enables us to display personalized ads to persons on our email lists when they visit Facebook.com. We provide Personal Information such as your email address and phone number to Facebook to enable Facebook to determine if you are a registered account holder with Facebook. You may opt-out of participation in our Facebook Custom Audience by sending an email, from the email address you are opting out of, to the email address provided in our contact information below. For your opt-out to be effective, you must: (i) place the following text in the subject line of the email – “Opting Out of Facebook.com Website Custom Audience Ads”, and (ii) in the body of the email, include your name and email address. We will forward your name and email address to Facebook.com with a request to delete you from all of our Facebook Custom Audience Ads.
Tailored Audiences/Conversion Tracking Programs (Twitter). We may participate in Twitter.com’s Tailored Audiences/Conversion Tracking Programs which enable us to display personalized ads. You may opt-out of participation in these programs by visiting https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170405 .
Other Personalized And Behavioral Advertising Services. We may participate in additional retargeting and behavioral advertising services that will be similar to the services described above.
Managing Personalized Ads. You can control the placement of cookies and other data collection methodologies for purposes of opting out.
11. Data subject request, retention, and deletion
You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be updated, corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to or request that we restrict certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, you can login to your account or e-mail us at [email protected]
If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
12. Keeping your data safe
The Site has reasonable security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and unauthorized alteration of Personal Information. To keep your data safe, our company policy includes applicable employee training, data security measures that comply with federal law, computer safeguards, and secured files and buildings.
13. Transferring your data
When using our services, your data is processed and stored in the United States and New Zealand. The United Sates and New Zealand may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal data receives an adequate level of protection.
14. Retention of personal information
We store the information we collect about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it or for other legitimate business purposes, including meeting our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. The period for which we will retain personal information will vary depending on the purposes for which it was collected, as well as the requirements of any applicable law or regulation. If you have an account with us, we will store your personal information for as long as you maintain that account, and after you cease holding an account, for as long as we are required to by the laws and regulations that are applicable to us.
15. Storage and use of User information
The Site is hosted on Rimu Hosting. The host provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through the host’s data storage and databases. The host stores your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by … and used by our Site adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help to ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
16. Link to other websites
17. Public chat rooms, forums, and comments
Our websites may offer publicly accessible forums or chat rooms. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas might be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We are responsible not for the security or privacy of the information you shared in forums or chat rooms.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) or knowingly allow such persons to register. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under the relevant age without parental consent, we take steps to delete that information.
19. California online privacy
California Civil Code § 1798.83 permits California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what Personal Data (if any) we disclosed to third parties for that third party’s direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under § 1798.83, if we were to share your Personal Data with third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt out of this disclosure at any time by submitting a request to us in writing.
Please note that the right to opt out does not extend to disclosures made for nonmarketing purposes or our own marketing purposes. It is only limited to the third party’s direct marketing purposes. Making requests for removal does not ensure complete and/or comprehensive removal of your Personal Data. Personal Data may be retained pursuant to our internal recordkeeping requirements and/or applicable law.
20. Rights under General Data Protection Regulation and California Consumer Protection Act
On June 28, 2018, California enacted the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA), which has an effective date of January 1, 2020. The CCPA provides California residents with specific rights regarding their Personal Data, which are described below. EU citizens also have specific rights under EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
The Following rights are provided by GDPR and CCPA:
• Right to receive notice: Before or at the time of collection you will be notified about what Personal Data categories we collect and their intended purpose. We may not collect additional Personal Data categories or use collected personal information for unrelated, new, or additional purposes without providing notice to you (See Cal. Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 § 1798.110).
• Right to opt out: A consumer shall have the right, at any time to direct a business that sells personal information about the consumer to third parties not to sell the consumer’s personal information (See Cal. Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 § 1798.120).
• Right to not face discrimination: A business shall not discriminate against a consumer because the consumer exercised any of the consumer’s rights under this title, including but not limited to by: (A) Denying goods or services to the consumer. (B) Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties. (C) Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer. (D) Suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services (See Cal. Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 § 1798.125).
• Right to know and access (GDPR: Right to be informed and access): You have the right to request disclosure of categories of Personal Data and the specific types of Personal Information collected, the categories of sources from which Personal Data is collected, the business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or disclosing the Personal Data, the categories of third parties who have access to your Personal Data. Additionally, you have the right to receive this information in a portable and useable format (See GDPR Article 9 Section b. and c.; Cal. Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 §§ 1798.100b, 1798.110, 1798.115).
• Right to request deletion (GDPR: Right to erasure) of your Personal Data is subject to certain exceptions. For example, we may deny your request if retaining your Personal Data is required under certain circumstances such as to complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information; to provide goods or services that you requested; to take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you or otherwise perform our contract with you; to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; or to comply with a legal obligation. (See GDPR Article 9 and Article 17; Cal. Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 § 1798.100a. and 1798.105a.)
• GDPR Right to Rectification: you may to obtain, on request, free of charge and without excessive delay, rectification or erasure, as the case may be, of such data if these are being, or have been, processed contrary to the provisions of this Convention (See GDPR Article 9 and Article 16.).
• GDPR Right to Restrict Processing provides you the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing some or all of your personal data (See GDPR Article 18).
• GDPR Right to Data Portability provides you with the right to request your data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service (See GDPR Article 9 and Article 20).
• GDPR Right Not to be Subject to Automated Decision-Making: you have the right not to be subject to a decision significantly affecting you based solely on an automated processing of data without having your views taken into consideration (See GDPR Article 9 and Article 22.).
• GDPR Right to Object: at any time, on grounds relating to his or her situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him or her unless the controller demonstrates legitimate grounds for the processing which override his or her interests or rights and fundamental freedoms (See GDPR Article 9 Section d.)
21. Nevada online privacy
At any time, you may request to be placed on our internal do-not-call list. Nevada law authorizes the attorney general to enforce state privacy laws. (See Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A) You may contact the Attorney General office at:
Bureau of Consumer Protection
Office of the Nevada Attorney General
555 E. Washington Street, Suite 3900
Las Vegas, Nevada 89101
• Consumers and former customers: Even if you never became, or are no longer, a customer, the terms in this Privacy Notice will continue to apply to you where applicable in your jurisdiction.
23. Industry regulatory disclosure
The information contained on this website is solely for educational purposes and does not constitute investment advice. We are not financial advisers, securities broker-dealers, or registered analysts. No information contained on the website is intended as securities brokerage, investment, tax, accounting, or legal advice; as an offer or solicitation of an offer to sell or buy; or as an endorsement, recommendation, or sponsorship of any company, security, or fund. The risk of trading in securities markets can be substantial. The past performance of any trading system or methodology is not necessarily indicative of future results.
Individual results may vary, and testimonials are not claimed to represent typical results. All testimonials are from real people and may not reflect the typical purchaser’s experience. These testimonials are not intended to represent or guarantee that anyone will achieve the same or similar results.
We strongly recommend that you consult your business or financial adviser, and legal, tax, and accounting advisers concerning any contemplated transactions.
Hidden Pivot Enterprises
PO Box 270646
Louisville, CO 80027
E-mail: [email protected]