Ricks Picks

It Was One of Those Days

EST

A Microsoft tech — escalated support, no less — permanently and irretrievably deleted nearly everything of value on my hard drive. He was trying to fix a problem related to C++ coding in Windows 10. Without going too deeply into the details, I’ll tell you that he trashed my User Account, evidently without quite understanding what was in it: hundreds of thousands of emails, all of my application settings and browser profiles. I can recover somewhat because I kept some of the data on my laptop, but the loss will take months of phone calls and emails to partially recoup. In the meantime, let me apologize for the brevity of Tuesday’s updates. I’ve been on the phone with tech support for 15 hours and I am still not done. It’s been a long day.

Holiday Schedule

Let me take this opportunity to inform readers that I will be on holiday from August 23 to September 4. Although I will update trading touts if urgently required and will provide timely guidance in the Trading Room and on Facebook/YouTube on the same basis, I will not be sending out Morning Line commentaries during my holiday. Fair warning: The stock market tends to do crazy things when I am away from my desk for more than a couple of days.

Comments on this entry are closed.

Fran August 20, 2019, 3:59 pm

Sorry to hear this happened to you.
Hopefully, you can enjoy your vacation.

none August 20, 2019, 1:00 pm

Hammer time, in more ways then one!

Have a great vacation Rick.

John Jay August 20, 2019, 10:57 am

Rick,
Just e mail the NSA, they have copies of all your stuff!
Use an FOI request, all they can do is say “No”
Seriously!

Out here in the Wild West we now have daily police shootouts after a simple traffic stop, the perps eventually get gunned down after enough backup arrives. Yesterday, we had two dead perps in separate traffic stops. About a week ago a nut killed one cop and wounded three others before they got the shooter.
Very disturbing because, if it continues like that, the last of the old school Reed and Malloy cops will pack it in to get paid to listen to Buddy Guy as an “Air Marshal.”
Which will leave only the cops that enjoy killing without restraint to form “Death Squads”
Mad Max has arrived!
And he is all out of bubble gum!

Ryan August 20, 2019, 10:54 am

Sorry to hear that Rick! As an IT Professional myself, shame on that guy..

Rich August 20, 2019, 9:44 am

Have a great vacay at South Jersey Shore or wherever.

Just returned from hot and humid East Coast to Mountains of relief.

$TYX Target 0.5 %

Ben August 20, 2019, 1:50 am

Have you ever considered linux? I’ve been using Ubuntu for nearly three years, and haven’t looked back.

Hidden Pivot Graduate
Help Page

Click here
for a help page needed as a Hidden Pivot Graduate.

Keep Your
Skills Current

Click here
for a special deal for graduates of the Hidden Pivot Course who want to stay on the cutting edge

Start a Subscription
Lost my password

Seminar Information page.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

The consistent accuracy of Rick Ackerman’s forecasts is well known in the trading world, where his Hidden Pivot Method has achieved cult status. Rick’s proprietary trading/forecasting system is easy to learn, probably because he majored in English, not rocket science. Just one simple but powerful trick -- managing the risk of an ongoing trade with stop-losses based on ‘impulse legs’ – can be grasped in three minutes and put to profitable use immediately. Quite a few of his students will tell you that using ‘impulsive stops’ has paid for the course many times over.

Another secret Rick will share with you, “camouflage trading,” takes more time to master, but once you get the hang of it trading will never be the same. The technique entails identifying ultra-low-risk trade set-ups on, say, the one-minute bar chart, and then initiating trades in places where competition tends to be thin.

Most important of all, Rick will teach you how to develop market instincts (aka “horse sense”) by observing the markets each day from the fixed vantage point that only a rigorously disciplined trading system can provide.

The three-hour Hidden Pivot Course is offered live each month. If it’s more convenient, you can take it in recorded form at your leisure, as many times as you like. The course fee includes “live” trading sessions (as opposed to hypothetical ‘chalk-talk’) every Wednesday morning, access to hundreds of recorded hours of tutorial sessions, and access to an online library that will help you achieve black-belt mastery of Hidden Pivot trading techniques.

The next webinar will be held on Tuesday, October 15. Click below to register or get more information.

Knowledge Base Link